Admissions Policy and Statement
St Monica’s RC High School is a Roman Catholic voluntary academy in St Teresa of Calcutta Roman Catholic Multi-Academy Trust. The Academy Trust is the admissions authority and the Local Governing Board is responsible for taking decisions on applications for admissions. For the school year commencing September 2024 the Trust has set its planned admissions number at 230.
The Trust recognises that the first responsibility of the school is to serve the Roman Catholic community for which it has been established. This is focused on designated parish communities and the Roman Catholic primary schools that are partners in providing for those communities. In establishing their oversubscription criteria, the Governors have also taken full account of the Code of Practice produced by the Department for Education and the emphasis placed on supporting children in public care.
The contributory parish communities served by the school are:
- Our Lady of Grace
- Our Lady of Dolours
- St Bernadette’s
- St Michael’s
- St Mary & St Philip Neri
The associated primary schools are:
- Our Lady of Grace RC Primary School, Prestwich
- St Philip’s RC Primary School, Salford
- St Bernadette’s RC Primary School, Whitefield
- St Michael’s RC Primary School, Whitefield
- St Mary’s RC Primary School, Radcliffe
Click on the link below for further details regarding arrangements for selecting pupils who apply and over-subscription criteria.
All admissions will be dealt with by the Local Authority on behalf of the Local Governing Board. Bury Local Authority Admissions Department email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number 0161 253 6474
A Supplementary Information Form should be completed in support of your application to St Monica’s RC High School together with the following evidence:
- A copy of your child’s Baptism Certificate
- Evidence of completion of the Diocesan Sacramental Programme
- Proof of address within a designated parish boundary in the form of a Council Tax bill (for pupils living within a contributory parish only). Please ensure the Supplementary Information Form and supporting information is returned directly to St Moncias’s RC High School by 31 October 2023 email@example.com
If an application for admission has been turned down by the Local Governing Board, parents can appeal to an Independent Appeals Panel. This appeal must be sent in writing to the Clerk to the Governors at the school within 14 days of refusal. The parents must give reasons for appealing in writing and the decision of the Appeals Panel is binding on the Governors.